Thursday, November 13, 2008

mile 20

When you train for a marathon, you never run the whole 26 miles before the actual race. You work yourself up gradually, but the most you ever run at a time in training is 20 miles. Why don't you have to go the whole way in training? Because of the runner's high. The difference between 20 miles and 26 miles is hardly anything at all.

At the beginning of this blog, I compared how I felt to mile 14, just a little past the halfway mark.
I felt like I was going to die. I felt like I would never see the end.

Now I am seeing the end, and that is WEIRD. I'm definitely not done yet - I still have 6 miles to go. But it's not going to be that bad. I'm almost done. My last 2 semesters are not going to be too painful. I still have to work to finish, but I can almost just coast through the rest of it on my runner's high.

Unfortunately, after I finish the race I have to keep running. But I don't want to think about that yet. Ha.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

:-)

Nicole Jeannette said...

I don't want to think about either.
I <3 u

Sally'O said...

RUN FASTER!