Wednesday, March 18, 2009

out with the old, in with the new

new apartment,
new knives,
new violin,
soon to be new accordian,
soon to be new hair.
exciting time of life.

I am one of those weirdly hard-hearted people about some things, and weirdly sentimental about others. I almost cried this morning when I had to trade in my current violin for a new one.

So, thinking lately about this saying, "make new friends but keep the old, one is silver and the other is gold." But what about our society, that throws away and replaces things once they wear down a bit? "Ending is better than mending."...

"They don't make things like they used to." well, yeah. they make it so you have to buy another one within a couple years, so that they can stay in business. Lame.

Also, I guess its just easier on your emotions to get used to tossing things when they no longer serve you as well as they used to.

to be continued... sorry this is a rather disjointed entry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

question: why can't I get to you from my blog? it says that your name doesn't exist...